A cover letter is a professional document that may play a big role in whether or not you land an interview. When you take the time to include important skills, experiences, and accomplishments, you have a better chance of impressing the hiring manager. Consult this free staff accountant cover letter sample and the following tips to better understand how you should build your own document.
Free Staff Accountant Cover Letter Sample
What to Include in a Staff Accountant Cover Letter
If you want your staff accountant cover letter to be top quality, you need to make your point clear and professional. Avoid using cliché phrases, and instead use solid references to showcase how you could benefit the company. Another thing you want to avoid is simply regurgitating information from your resume. While you can use the above free staff accountant cover letter sample as a starting point, you want to make sure that all of the information in your letter is unique.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
If you really want to make yourself stand out, you need to include relevant, industry specific skills. Make sure that any skills you mention in either your cover letter or resume really do apply to you. As you build your cover letter, consider incorporating ideas from the free staff accountant cover letter sample and these industry specific abilities.
• Number proficiency: Staff accountants must be comfortable comparing, analyzing, and interpreting figures.
• Analytical skills: Accountants have to evaluate financial documents to detect errors and find solutions.
• Detail oriented: As the accountant analyzes documents, he or she must be able to notice even the smallest of discrepancies.
• Communication: Someone in this position may be expected to write reports and give presentations.
• Organization: Businesses use a lot of financial documents, which the staff accountant is expected to keep in order.