A well-written cover letter is an invaluable tool in your effort to land the job interview. Besides offering a formal introduction to your hiring manager, it allows you to double down on your chances of securing an interview by expounding on your skills and qualifications. From demonstrating your communication skills to helping build a rapport with the hiring manager, a correspondence like the free executive director cover letter sample below can help your new employer learn why you’re the best choice.
Free Executive Director Cover Letter Sample
What to Include in an Executive Director Cover Letter
When you write your version of this free executive director cover letter sample, there are some important things to keep in mind. First, keep it short and to the point. Pack your letter with the most important, pertinent details rather than clichés. Keep the tone professional and direct, and include a formal greeting that mentions the hiring manager by name. Finally, make sure you clearly request an opportunity for an interview, just like we did in the free executive director cover letter sample above.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Including specific skills that align with the job is a great way to increase your odds of getting an interview. Here are a few of the best skills that director candidates should highlight:
• Leadership: You will need to highlight your ability to provide strong, decisive leadership.
• Public speaking skills: Directors should feel comfortable addressing employees, the media, and other stakeholders.
• Diplomacy: Be prepared to effectively negotiate with agencies and business leaders.
• Problem solving: Directors are often the people who create and enforce solutions to complex organizational challenges.
• Self-motivation: You will need to be able to work independently with self-discipline, often through long hours and extended projects.